Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Roman's Revenge Almost Didn't Happen

Nicki Minaj revealed that the duet, which saw Minaj's alter ego Roman Zolanski take on Eminem's Slim Shady, nearly didn't happen because Eminem wasn't too impressed with Minaj's first effort.



In an interview with Sway, Minaj said: "We went out on a whim and put it in the air like, 'It'd be great if he would collaborate with us. Minaj continued: "I remember I kept talking about it, and I thought, 'It can't hurt.' I sent him one record, and he didn't love it. He didn't say, 'I don't love it'; he just said, 'Can you send me something that's a little more me?' I sent him an e-mail and thanked him for that, just having enough respect. Sometimes people don't respond. He had the respect, at least, to treat me like a peer."

Hey Nicki....We still don't understand the collaboration!

No comments: