Monday, October 22, 2012

Another Artist Into Transwomen

Today Jacky Jasper had a Guess Who Jack is Taking About Blog, You can read it here: Diary of A Hollywood Street King.




For those it maybe shocking to know that Teddy was into men that dressed like women like most Hollywood downlow men. But for some, its no shocker at all!

Pendergrass started his career as a member of the Blue Notes before embarking on a solo career. He was best known for his steamy, sultry lyrics and hits such as “Close The Door,” “Love TKO,” and “Turn Off The Lights.” Rumors began to swirl about Pendergrass’ sexuality following the 1982 car accident that left him paralyzed from the waist down. The story goes Pendergrass was giving a transsexual “acquaintance,” nightclub performer Tenika Watson, a drop home after the club when he suddenly lost control of his Rolls Royce. Pendergrass’ brakes failed and he hit a tree. He spent 6 months in physical therapy following the accident, then returned to the studio.  Watson walked away from the accident with minor injuries.


Also it was said that Tanika Took money to deny Turquoise Erving was in back seat!!!!

It was a tragic accident and sad that we had to find out this way, to read Tenika Watson story, please follow the link: Tanika Watson


Teddy Pendergrass had a large fan base of gays but never admitted publicly if he was gay or not. 

Till his death in January 13, 2010 he was still married to his wife Karen but separated. Teddy was 59 years old when he died, reportedly had difficult recovering from his colon cancer surgery.

This is Taneka today and below if what she had to say about Teddy.


PGN:So what would you like to say about Teddy?

TW:I’m sorry that he’s not with us anymore. I wanted to go to the funeral, but I didn’t want to be disrespectful and I didn’t want to be disrespected. So I just had a little quiet prayer and a little quiet tear after he was gone. I met his mother in 2001. When he died [in 2010], my first thought was for her. He was her only child. I know she has grand kids, but it must be terrible to lose a child.

PGN:And the accident?

TW:We were on Lincoln Drive when the brakes went out. The car hit a guardrail, crossed into the opposite traffic lane and hit two trees. The one thing that always bothered me was that the news media got there before the ambulance did. It upset me to think that people were calling for publicity before they called for help.

PGN:You’ve stated that the medical personnel were more worried about getting a urine sample from you than they were about your health.

TW:They were very sneaky: They said they needed a sample to make sure that there wasn’t any internal bleeding, but I knew what they were really trying to check for. After they didn’t find what they wanted, they weren’t interested in me anymore. It was reported that I was acting strange, but I was in shock.

PGN:Reading about the accident, it seems that the media didn’t know at first about you being ... what terminology would you like me to use? Were you frightened?

TW:No, they didn’t say anything because they didn’t know. [Laughs.] Yeah, I was scared. I thought, if anyone finds out, they’re going to lynch me! It was scary wondering if was going to get out or when. Trying to figure out how to survive or explain it. I was never given a chance to explain. The only paper that gave me a break was the [Philadelphia] Tribune.

PGN:I read a Jet article with the headline, “Teddy’s Transsexual Passenger,” in which they call you a “confessed transsexual.” It seems like it really tilted the trajectory of your life, your modeling career, etc.

TW: Tilted it? It destroyed it. I was told so by potential employers and it really made me doubt myself. It was a tough time. I had one reporter come to my house and try to force her way in the door. There were some very ugly things printed. I had to move out of the city. Which is sad because I love this city. I love the people, I love the neighborhoods ... There are so many places to hide!

PGN:Do you get recognized?

TW:Yes, I used to; not so much any more. It happened just the other day when I was walking down the street. But for the most part, nobody really sees me. I’m actually glad of it.

No comments: