Thursday, October 25, 2012

Delta Rae

Delta Rae
Their name hails from a fictional story the Hölljeses' their mother was going to write about a Southern girl named Delta Rae who summons the Greek gods to earth.

So there is this band that is making headlines, Delta Rae! They are not like the average band that we have out there in the market, this alone makes them unique, but does it really?


Well I am in love with something invisible
And though no one can make sense of where it's from,
I'm sure as all my bones
So lay my head and feet to point north and south
I will try to be a compass if you smile
and deign to take me home.





Delta Rae is a bank of six members hailing out of Durham, North Carolina, they consider themselves a folk rock band.  Another unique thing about this band is that three of them are siblings. The band consists of three siblings Ian Hölljes (vocals and guitar), Eric Hölljes (vocals, guitar, piano and keys) and Brittany Hölljes (vocals), as well as Elizabeth Hopkins (vocals), Mike McKee (percussion) and Grant Emerson (bass guitar).

The Holljes siblings grew up hearing stories of mythology and the supernatural.

"My mom loves folk tales," songwriter Ian Holljes says. "She would read Greek mythology to us and the Narnia books." He says there were often songs in the stories: "And she would just make up melodies."

Delta Rae says their inspiration for new material comes from stuff like graveyards and being stuck in the wrong job.

Check them out, tell me what you think! 


Song Lyrics



No comments: